Monday, November 26, 2007

Ambercup squash

ambercup squash
11/25: Ambercup squash, oil on linen panel, 5x4.5 in. SOLD

The ambercup is a relative of the buttercup. When my wife came back from the store with this I knew I had to paint it. Talk about some hard to pin down reds/pinks/oranges - a carrot is nothing compared to this thing. There's so much going on, it should be painted in more than one session to really capture it.

* * *

I'm going to be taking part in "Out & About Norfolk," a plein air event this Friday and Saturday (thanks again to Jen K. for passing along the info), and I've been getting nervous. I haven't worked en plein air since maybe freshman year of art school when our class went to the park. It'll be great to meet some other local painters and see everyone's work on display Saturday evening. I just hope it doesn't rain.

No comments: